‘We are keen to hear from you if you would like to work in a successful, busy general practice, providing high quality health care to patients in our locality. Please see the vacancy job description and person specification for more details about the duties and responsibilities of the post available.’
Call Handler – 23.5 Hours
This is a full time role based in Strensall, offering competitive pay rates and ongoing training and support.
- Answering telephone calls: Responsible for providing the ‘Best’ Customer Service, every call…every patient.
- Ensure the call itself, is handled efficiently, accurately and timely, whilst maintaining a warm, calm and professional approach.
- Efficiently and appropriately making appointments, taking prescription requests, relaying messages and visit requests to medical staff in the appropriate way.
- Efficiently and appropriately relaying messages to any other member of the practice team and associated staff in the appropriate way.
- Undertake associated administrative duties necessary to ensure smooth management of the patients medical record and support the medical staff in undertaking necessary actions:
- Scanning of relevant documents onto the patient records and assigning to relevant team members in accordance with guidance
- Inputting data to the patients record in accordance with guidance
- Assisting patients with private work to be undertaken by the practice on their behalf
- Dealing with all enquiries flowed to the Hub and Secretary team in a professional and appropriate manner.
- Undertaking all other tasks associated with Health Care administration
- Efficiently and accurately obtain information as required by the doctor from other organisations, such as local hospitals and conveying this information quickly, efficiently and accurately
- Meeting KPI targets that have been set individually and as part of the team
- To ensure any CQC requirements and/or documentation for which the post holder is responsible for is completed timely and accurately.
- To also ensure any procedures and processes applicable to the role are followed timely and accurately
- To ensure you devote the whole of your time, attention and abilities to your role, our business and its goals
- To assist the Operations Manager with all clerical and administrative duties as required
- To receive and dispatch mail and carry out any actions as requested by doctors
- To support the practice wide teams in the achievement of their tasks where this overlaps with your own
- To undertake to perform in accordance with agreed standards and KPIs associated with these tasks, taking part in any quality audits as required
- Such other duties as may reasonably be delegated